The Admiral Benbow
By Chris Brown
The Admiral Benbow is based on R L Stevenson's book Treasure Island.
- Introduction: the scene is set with a musical portrait of the English coast and the Admiral Benbow Inn.
- The second section pictures a scene inside the Inn, with Captain Billy Bones leading the assembled company in an increasing raucous and drunken rendition of "Fifteen Men on a Dead Man's Chest".
- There follows a musical portrait of Blind Pew, tapping his way around menacingly, delivering the dreaded Black Spot, the signal that its recipient (Billy Bones) will soon be attacked and murdered.
- Next up is a more upbeat section symbolising the treasure seekers setting off to find Treasure Island and the buried gold.
- The finale is a reiteration of the opening material with hints of the other section.